Monday 9 April 2012

Super Easy Yorkshire Pudding Recipe

As a 'yorkshire lass' (a title I'm keeping even thou we moved away when I was 3) a roast isn't a roast without some Yorkshire puddings and lashings of gravy. Despite this I have never actually made one from scratch before, and as we were all out of the frozen variety my Mum convinced me to try her super easy recipe for making them, I was surprised at how well they came out so thought I'd share the recipe.


Yorkshire Puddings
(makes about 12)
1/2 a cup of plain flour
1/2 a cup of eggs
1/2 a cup of cold milk
12 tsps of vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.

Pour vegetable oil into each of the of recesses of a bun tray (enough to cover the base, about 1 tsp each).

Put the oiled tray into the oven for 5 minutes or until oil very very hot.

Carefully take the tray out, place on a heat proof surface and quickly spoon some of the mixture into each of the recesses before the oil cools, about a dessert spoon each, there should be a little sizzle as the mixture meets the oil.

Put quickly back into the oven and leave for about 20 minutes or until fully risen and brown (don't open the oven door during the rising stage).

Serve up straight from the oven with lots of gravy and the Roast meat of your choice (although traditionally this should be Beef)




No comments:

Post a Comment